Hi! My name is Bram. I am a 23-year-old student, designer, and developer from Belgium.
My interests range from web design to music, and ultimately to language. I'm a master's student at KU Leuven University, studying Linguistics, and Artificial Intelligence.
If you are curious to find research that interests me, you can go to my Research Gate profile. For a summary of my curriculum vitae, I would refer you to my LinkedIn page. Both can be accessed via the links below. Additionally I have also provided links to my Twitter and StackOverflow profile pages.
If you wish to contact me, you can do so on Twitter or LinkedIn.
My passion for language has given me a goal to spend my programming skills on. I have created two tools that allow linguists to more efficiently use specific online applications.
The first tool, XPath Beautifier, can format XPath code in such a way that it is easier to read, edit, and use. The second one, HTML Trees, offers an alternative to SVG to draw syntactic dependency structures on the web.
- XPath Beautifier for GrETEL
- Improve the readability of XPath code strings, especially those provided by the corpus query tool GrETEL
- HTML Tree Parser for Alpino
- Display syntactic XML trees such as those generated by the dependency parser Alpino, with CSS and HTML without the need of SVG
- RGBa Generator (+jQuery plugin)
Freedom of creativity is important to me. Creativity is an urge for expression and should therefore not be limited. Without the ability to express ourselves we are merely machines.